Palmer and Pletsch “no fail” double welt pocket (pdf)
Sandra Betzina’s fly front zipper method, from Threads magazine (video) – remember to sew zipper on opposite side to get a ladies RTW effect
Closet Case Files’ parts of jeans sewalong list (links to blog posts)
Knitty’s list of various bind-off techniques
Kitchener stitch or Grafting (purl soho video):
- Set up: Purl closest stitch, leave on needle. Knit furthest stitch, leave on needle.
- Repeat: *Closest needle – Knit, remove. Purl, keep. Furthest needle – Purl, remove. Knit, keep.*
Russian bind off (cast off):
- Work two, transfer back to left needle. *K2tog. Work 1, transfer both back to left needle. Rep from *
Tubular bind off (cast off) for ribbing in the round:
- Setup row 1: knit the knits and slip the purls with yarn in front
- Setup row 2: purl the purls and slip the knits with yarn in back
- Separate purls from knits onto two needles. Graft stitches together.
Sewn bind off (cast off):
- *Insert into first two stitches purlwise. Insert into first stitch knitwise, pull stitch off needle. Rep from*.